Spanish citizens, like 57 other nationalities, are visa-exempt when it comes to a short visit in Canada. However, you are required to apply for a Canada ETA if you intend to travel by plane. Lucky for you, this ETA is available online, and with iVisa.com, it can be ready for use in 30 minutes.
Canada Visa for the citizens of Spain – the requirements
One of the first things on your to-do list when you want to apply for a Canadian Visa for Spanish Citizens is to make sure that you fulfill the requirements. Nevertheless, the list is short. You’ll need the documents below:
- Passport – if you want to apply for a Canada ETA, your passport needs to remain its validity for six more months from your arrival in the country of Canada.
- E-mail address – you’ll get your travel document via e-mail in PDF format. We recommend that you print one out to avoid any inconvenience.
- Payment methods – to pay this online form, you can use a credit/debit card.
Travel documents for the citizens of Spain – the online application form
After you put together everything necessary for the online application process, you can move forward and fill in the online form. You should not find the task complicated, but if it happens to have questions or concerns, iVisa.com’s customer support is at your disposal day and night. The service does not charge.
When you access the application page, you will see that iVisa.com’s form is broken down into three steps:
- Step one is reserved for general information and processing time. As for the latter, you need to make a choice because you are given multiple options. The decision you make determines how much money you are charged for your Canada ETA. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – many people choose this alternative because it’s very cheap. But, your ETA is ready in 24 hours, and you’ll have to pay USD 65.49.
- Rush processing – your Canada ETA will be done in 4 hours. The quantity to pay is USD 110.49.
- Super Rush processing – the total cost is USD 153.49 and if time is a problem, select this option and your ETA will be delivered in 30 minutes.
- Step number two requires you to insert your payment details, but you also have to review the provided information.
- While the third step wants you to upload your application’s supporting documents. After the three steps are complete, send it. We’ll handle it from there.
What you need to understand from all this is that as a citizen of Spain, you do not need a Canada visa per se if you plan a short visit. You must, however, get a Canadian Visa for Danish Citizens before your departure. The travel document has a validation for 5 years after issued or until passport expires, if that happens first. You can use it for Multiple Entry and you can stay in Canada for up to 180 days Per Entry.
Yixi (Sophia) Li is the co-author of this article. She is a licensed immigration consultant (RCIC) who has been working with an immigration law firm since 2016. She is also a licensed paralegal in Ontario and a notary public. She has a Masters of Law. In 2018, she founded Mainstay Immigration Law Firm and Yixi Li Legal Firm.