Since GTA V’s release into 2013, tens of thousands in addition to a multitude of customisations were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. However, considering GTA V is the studio’s most successful game to date, it’s understandable that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
One of the biggest issues that gamers face when playing mods is understanding how to install and download them to ensure they function in game. This can be difficult for those who may not be tech-savvy. There’s also the issue of determining the right mods to install when 2022, year after fire force season 3 first launched. Below, players can find exactly how to download the mods within GTA V and which ones they should first consider installing.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players know the mods to install, they should be aware of how to download the mods. It’s important to know that players are only able to use mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the mods’ use in GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled the game will be at risk of being banned.
There are various steps to downloading mods to GTA V. The first part of the process is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application will lay out
- Once the installation is completed, open the game and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue and then click the Tools box that is located on the taskbar at the top of OpenIV
- Click on ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this process gives players is the ability for downloading and managing their GTA V mods. The players can launch the OpenIV application anytime they want to see how their mods are doing, deinstall them, or alter the mods. The next step of the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Check out: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod you want to download. You can pick a particular class of mods on the site
- After a mod is selected then click on its box, then press the green button to download it.
- Some mods will download the .rar download file for your web browser, while other will direct you to an Github page that will show the most recent version of the mod available to download the file.
- If the mod downloaded is a .rar file, you’ll require another program in order to view it for instance, 7-Zip File Management, which is available for download on the Microsoft Store
- When your .rar files are opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document which can be opened using Notepad. It will provide you with instructions on how you can download the mod
- If the mod is available on the Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded in a zip file which you must extract to another folder on your PC.
- Once the files have been extracted After the files have been extracted, copy or paste it in the Mods folder on the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you specified in the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file in GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
This process is not limited to the general mods accessible for download, there’s also mods that utilize scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Start the file and then extract the contents to another folder on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file to the directory for games of GTA V, but don’t place them in a particular folder.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these typically are tagged with .net)
- Unzip the Mod file to extract its contents again.
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. The instructions is available in the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these actions are done After that, players are able using mods without restriction after which they can begin to use mods GTA V.