Facebook is a very famous social media application and there are billions of users of the application all around the world. Facebook has always been the first choice of people when they want to chat with others or know about the latest happenings in their friends’ and families’ lives. The application is awesome and there have been different features the application that has made it more popular. One of the most awesome features of the application is the Facebook messenger; using this application you can chat with all the people that you want to without opening the Facebook application itself.
However, if you want to deactivate your Facebook account then, Facebook messenger needs to be deactivated separately. You need to delete Facebook messenger and the application as this does not happen with the Facebook account.
Here; we are going to tell you the steps that you need to follow when you want to deactivate Facebook messenger and your account from it. So, carefully read the complete guide and then follow the same steps.
The Process to Deactivate Facebook Messenger
All the steps that we are giving here need to be followed by you in the same process and make sure that you do not skip any step as all the steps are important. Remember that, before you deactivate your messenger, you have to deactivate your Facebook application and after that follow this procedure.
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the Facebook Messenger application on your mobile phone.
- After that, you need to open the menu by clicking on the profile picture that is present on the screen in the top-left corner.
- In the menu; you need to move down and then choose the “legal and policies’ option that will direct you to a different screen.
- You will get the option to deactivate messenger on the next screen. Tap on the option to move forward in the process and deactivate your Facebook messenger account.
- You need to enter the password of your account here so that Facebook can confirm it is you who are making the changes.
- After the verification is done, you need to press the Continue button that is present on the screen.
This is the correct process with which you can deactivate your Facebook messenger and now I am sure that you know the steps that are required how to delete Facebook messenger.
To reactivate your account, you do not need to follow any complicated or hard steps. You just need to re-install the messenger application on your mobile and then log into your account using the correct login credentials. Remember that, you do not need to deactivate the messenger if you want to appear offline in Facebook chats so you can skip this if the motive is that.
We hope that you have understood the steps that we have explained here. You can very easily do the same and if you want any more information regarding the same then, you can surf our website Onlinegeeks.