FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is a Visa Application Centre (VAC)?Visa Application Centres have been established to provide administrative support to its clients for the successful submission of applications for Turkey Visa.
- Who is the VAC contractor in UAE?VFS Global is the private company authorized by the Embassy of Republic of Turkey to operate the Visa Application Centre in UAE.
- Where do I submit my visa application?Applicants with residence visa issued by the Emirates of Dubai / Sharjah / Ras Al Khaimah / Ajman / Umm Al-Quwain/ Fujairah would need to submit their applications to Visa Application Centre in Dubai while those residences issued by Al Ain and Abu Dhabi will have to submit their application at the Visa Application Centre in Abu Dhabi.
- Can someone else submit the application on my behalf? No, the applicant has to visit the application centre in person to submit their application.Only in case of minors, both parents can submit the application on his/her behalf.
- What type of visa do I require?The type of Turkey Visa FAQ you require depends upon the purpose of your trip to Turkey. For further information on visa types please consult the extensive information contained on this website.
- How can I track the status of my application?The status of your application can easily be tracked by clicking on the “Track Your Application” tab.
- How can I retrieve my passport?You can collect your passport from the Visa Application Center where your application was submitted. Please check the working hours and security regulations before your visit.
- What documentation do I need to retrieve my passport?If you are retrieving your passport in person, you must bring with you:
- The ICR (receipt of payment) provided to you by VFS Global when you deposited your application at the Visa Application Centre
- Your original National ID card or other official proof of identification containing a photograph
- If you are sending a representative to collect your passport then please also include authorization letter from your end authorizing the person to collect the passport on your behalf.
- How long will the application process take?For Turkey processing time may take approximately 7 working days. However, for certain cases, the processing time may take more time and even a month.
- Who can I contact for further information?You may contact the call centre operated by the Visa Application Centre (please refer to the “Contact Us” tab on the left of this page).
- What additional services are available to me?The VAC provides a variety of additional services for your convenience and ease of application such as photocopying, Photograph, SMS services… For complete details and prices please refer to the “ Additional Services” page.
- Are there any specific documents required for a child under 18 years of age applying for a Turkish visa?For applicants under 18 years of age applying for a Turkish visa:
- If the parents are married and only one parent accompanies the child, the consent letter of the parent who will remain in the country. (The letter should also contain an approval for the acquisition of a residence permit if their stay surpasses the duration provided with the visa),
- If the parents are divorced, the document showing the child’s custody and the consent of the parent who will remain in his/her country to waive his / her right to visit the child as long as the child is present in the country,
- If one of the parents is dead, the death certificate,
- In the absence of one of the parents, the documents indicating that all custody rights for the child are with the other parent or absentee report,
- In case of absence of father for non-marital children, a document showing that all custody rights for the child are with the mother,
- An identity document or birth certificate regarding the parents of the child.
- How well in advance can I apply for a Turkey Visa for US Citizens to Turkey?Applicants who are applying at the Turkey visa application center in Abu Dhabi can apply maximum 45 days in advance and those who are applying at the Turkey visa application center in Dubai can apply maximum 60 days in advance for Turkey Visa.
- What if the visa is refused?Your passport or decision will be handed over to you at the Visa Application Centre where you applied.
- What do I do when the application is processed?
- Courier Case: your passport will be delivered at the address provided by you by courier. You need to show the original receipt to the courier person to get the delivery.
- Non-Courier Case: you will be able to collect your passport from the Visa Application Centre where you submitted your application, between 9:00 to 17:00 by presenting the original receipt. Representatives will need to present the original receipt along with an authorization letter from the passport holder.